Releasing 1.1 on Tuesday Night (March 6)

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 5, 2007 at 5:14 AM
I could really use some help testing the install on Vista and x64. I think the docs are good enough (at least as good as the 1.0 release) for 1.1. Although I still need to do something for the Readme.txt file. I'll work on that tomorrow night. My thinking is to take the generated file and prepend some templated text and call the result Readme.txt and use it to replace Readme.rtf.
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:26 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2007 at 2:26 PM
I'm writing the write-* (zip/bzip etc) help as I type this (well, I will be resuming when I'm finished this post). I expect to be finished it today.
Mar 5, 2007 at 3:10 PM
Mar 5, 2007 at 4:46 PM
So, I just checked in Resolve-Assembly help in the 1.1 project. I hope I did the right thing: I just checked out the Resolve-Assembly.xml file in the help project and filled in the blanks! Am I right? :D
Mar 6, 2007 at 5:06 AM
Resolve-Assembly help looks good. How about help topics for the compression cmdlets? :-)
Mar 6, 2007 at 6:47 AM
Edited Mar 6, 2007 at 6:47 AM
it's 2.46am EST now -- off to bed, I'll be looking at finishing them in the morning. I got caught up with that -flattenpaths bug :| (which appears to be fixed now with my last checkin)

Once I get one done, the rest are pretty much copy/paste. I'll keep you informed!

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:51 PM
ok, final xml docs for bzip2, zip, tar and gzip checked into 1.1 branch. You're good to go keith, that's all my work items closed.
Mar 6, 2007 at 6:57 PM
btw, I'm in work now -- you can safely cancel the checkouts on the xml files done from my home machine (BEASTIE) if you need to. I finished the docs here during lunch. I won't be home for another 4 or 5 hours.
Mar 6, 2007 at 7:08 PM
Sounds good. I'll probably wait until late tonight before releasing since I need to do install testing. I'm also hoping Jachym will check in so I can see where he's at WRT releasing. So if you would, just undo the checkout on those files when you get home. Thanks!
Mar 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM
AssemblyCache provider help added.