Startup problems

Topics: User Forum
Dec 29, 2006 at 8:21 PM
I'm very new to PowerShell (just installed a few hours ago) so please forgive me if I'm missing anything obvious. I installed version 1.0 of pscx, and the Profile.ps1 file was created in my powershell folder, but now when I start PowerShell I get a bunch of errors, all looking like the following.

The term '\Scripts\Debug.ps1' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again.
At E:\My Documents\WindowsPowerShell\profile.ps1:44 char:2
+ . <<<< "$env:PscxHome\Scripts\Debug.ps1"

As you can see, my "My Documents" folder has been mapped to another drive. I'm wondering if that's causing the problem? Does anyone know what I can do to fix these errors? Thanks in advance!
Developer
Dec 29, 2006 at 10:38 PM
it seems the installer failed to create the PscxHome environment variable. please open sysdm.cpl, advanced tab, environment variables, and ensure that the system-wide variable points to the directory where PSCX is installed (the directory under program files.
Dec 30, 2006 at 4:09 AM
That does make sense because I got nothing in return when I tried to navigate to that environment variable. I assumed I was just doing something wrong, because PowerShell is very overwhelming at first.

I will definitely look into this, but not until next week after my vacation. Happy New Year!
Jan 10, 2007 at 11:56 AM
I have the same Problem but the Envirment Variable is there...
Developer
Jan 10, 2007 at 2:58 PM
what error do you get when you try to dot-source the pscx profile manually?