import-module Pscx

Topics: User Forum
Sep 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Hello CodePlex

I do have a problem installing the Community Extensions
I unblocked the zit file, copied the files at the right place, ExecutionPolicy is set to Unrestricted but when i type "import-module Pscx" I always get the following error message:

Import-Module : The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file:
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml : Fil
e skipped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.Archive.Type.ps1xml : File
skipped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.Reflection.Type.ps1xml : Fi
le skipped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.SIUnits.Type.ps1xml : File
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.TerminalServices.Type.ps1xm
l : File skipped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.Wmi.Type.ps1xml : File skip
ped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml : Fil
e skipped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.Archive.Type.ps1xml : File
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.Reflection.Type.ps1xml : Fi
le skipped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.SIUnits.Type.ps1xml : File
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.TerminalServices.Type.ps1xm
l : File skipped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.Wmi.Type.ps1xml : File skip
ped because it was already present from "Microsoft.PowerShell".
At line:1 char:14
+ import-module <<<<  Pscx
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Import-Module], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FormatXmlUpateException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

What am I doing wrong?

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Check your profile to make sure you aren't already adding the older PSCX snapin via Add-PSSnapin PSCX.  In fact, you can remove all of the old PSCX 1.2 init script in your profile.

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I'm getting the exact same error msgs, haven't installed PSCX before so your fix isn't going to help...

Is this a known issue?

thanks

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM

This is not a known issue.  @ryknky - in your case were you putting the module in the Windows\System32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\Modules dir also?

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Got the exact samt problem when i had the files in the $PSHome\Modules folder. If i move them to the $env:home\documents\windowspowershell\modules folder it worked.