Cannot execute "Import-Module Pscx"

Topics: User Forum
Jul 21, 2010 at 6:13 PM
I've downloaded pscx-2.0.0.1.zip. Moved the contents to c:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Pscx folder. When executing the powershell command, "Import-MOdule Pscx" i get the following error: Import-Module : The member 'TypesToProcess' in the module manifest is invalid: Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\system32\Wi ndowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml' because it does not exist.. Please make sure tha t a valid value is specified for this field in file 'C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\Pscx.psd1' . At line:1 char:14 + Import-Module <<<< Pscx + CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (C:\Windows\syst...\Pscx\Pscx.psd1:String) [Import-Module], Argumen tException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_InvalidManifest,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand I am running win7 x64. Am I missing a configuration step somewhere?
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM

Can you verify if that file is at that location (c:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml)?  Also, did you unblock the ZIP file before extracting it?  If you don't unblock the ZIP file then you can run into similar problems.

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Keith,

you are absolutely correct, i forgot to unblock the zip file.

thank you.