Import-Module Pscx error

Topics: User Forum
May 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I have made a bit of a mess of my PowerShell install.  I upgraded from Vista to 7.

I need to learn PS.  I had installed the 1.1 extensions way back.  They worked initially until I did something to create lost of red text <BG>

Anyway right now I unzipped the current version Pscx-2.0.0.1.zip into my users documents\powershell dir as the instructions state.  I unblocked first as well.  I then ran Import-Module Pscx and received and whole pile of red.

Here is the first section

Import-Module : The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file:
Microsoft.PowerShell, C:\Users\dcohn\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Pscx\TypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml : Fil
e skipped because of the following validation exception: File C:\Users\dcohn\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Pscx\T
ypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml cannot be loaded. The file C:\Users\dcohn\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Pscx\T
ypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml is not digitally signed. The script will not execute on the system. Please see "get-
help about_signing" for more details...

Any chance someone can help me clean up the mess I created so I can try and learn this already.

Thank you very much

Doug

Developer
May 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

That error means you have your ExecutionPolicy set to AllSigned, and PSCX isn't signed. If you want to use 3rd party modules that aren't signed (like PSCX isn't), you need to either change your execution policy or sign it yourself (means you have to get (or generate) a code signing certificate first).