The environment variable PscxHome is not defined.

Topics: User Forum
Aug 2, 2007 at 5:15 AM
Hi,

I've gotten the same error 3 times now, after rebooting. See below . OS: Vista 32bit - business:

WARNING: The environment variable PscxHome is not defined. If you just installed PowerShell Community Extensions, reboot your computer so the
environment variable will be recognized. If you just uninstalled the PowerShell Community Extensions, remove the PSCX profile script:
'\\hamfp01\users\ayefimov\WindowsPowerShell\Microsoft.PowerShell_profile.ps1'

Anyone have any ideas? Can I just set the environment variable manually? Or ?

thanks
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2007 at 6:00 AM
Yes you can manually define a System or User environement variable PscxHome and point it to %ProgramFiles%\PowerShell Community Extensions. BTW what OS are you running and did you get any indication of an error during the installation? And is this related to the 1.1.1 install?
Aug 3, 2007 at 7:50 AM
Ok, got it working now. I appreciate it. what do you do, when the profile path has something like this in it? \\servername\users\ayefimov\ayefimov's documents\windowspowershell\microsoft.powershell_profile.ps1

I reason I ask is that I was facing that yesterday as well? The apostrophe after ayefimov was causing me some headaches.. I kept getting, an incomplete token string error.

thanks
Coordinator
Aug 4, 2007 at 7:14 AM
The single tick is a string quoting character. You can put double qoutes around the whole path and that should make PowerShell happy with that path.