- Unable to get installer types in the C:\Program Files\PowerShell Community Extensions\Pscx.dll assembly. --> Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
- Please ensure you have PowerShell 1.0 installed (not the beta). If you're sure you have it, then follow the instructions on MSDN to enable the Fusion Log Viewer, then retry the installation and post the logs to the discussion forum under a new topic.
- Be aware that early beta or release candidate versions of powershell had a 1.* version - e.g. 1.0.9675.0. This is NOT the RTM version of powershell. If you have the final 1.0 version, you will have version 220.127.116.11 of System.Management.Automation installed in the GAC:
- In order to uninstall the old version, please ensure you have "show updates" ticked in the add/remove programs dialog in order to show the beta/rc powershell installer.
Help Output Paging Issues
PSCX installs Less.exe and uses it to page help files. Currently it is used when you use the 'man' and 'help' aliases which redirect to PSCX's Get-PagedHelp function. Less provides several benefits including ability to scroll up and down through the output either one line at a time or by pages. It also supports searching the paged output. However, some users have run into the following issues:
- Can't exit less.exe. Press the 'q' key to exit. To discover more of what Less offers, press the 'h' key when less is running. This will invoke the help screen for less.
- When less is used to view help topics, the help topic information is no longer available on your screen when you finish viewing the topic. If you want the help topic information to remain in your console window, execute "Get-Help <topic> | more".