1.11 release created for bugfixes

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Developer
Mar 27, 2007 at 2:42 PM
I've created a new release 1.11 for bugfixes, and reassigned some quick fix issues to it. I've closed 3 so far. I'm currently backporting them, because I fixed them in 1.2 first without realising (doh). Future fixes will be done in 1.1 branch and merged into the trunk, as discussed.
Developer
Mar 27, 2007 at 2:46 PM
btw, the release is marked "hidden" and is designated a "production" build.
Developer
Mar 27, 2007 at 3:41 PM
ok, all fixes mistakenly made first to 1.2 have been backported to 1.1. Associated workitems have been reopened and retargetted at 1.11, and new workitems have been created as neccessary to for changelist purposes. I also took it upon myself ot backport the Get-ExportedType command (along with my dependency loader fixes) since it's a great complement to the GAC provider.
Developer
Mar 27, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2007 at 3:45 PM
I think changeset 20179 "Add parameter PageSize and SizeLimit to Get-ADObject" should also be applied to 1.1 branch and the workitem targetted at 1.11 - thoughts?

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2007 at 5:49 PM

oisin wrote:
I think changeset 20179 "Add parameter PageSize and SizeLimit to Get-ADObject" should also be applied to 1.1 branch and the workitem targetted at 1.11 - thoughts?

Well you have been busy. :-) Yes I think the Get-ADObject fix should go into this bug patch. I can't remember all the details on the Setup project but I think if you don't change anything it will upgrade an existing 1.1 installation which is what we want IMO. Of course, we will need to test to make sure it works that way.
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2007 at 5:51 PM
BTW should we also fix the installer issue with registering PSCX with x64 PowerShell? I'm not sure if both x86 and x64 PowerShell are installed - register for both?
Developer
Mar 27, 2007 at 6:31 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2007 at 6:46 PM
lol! well, someone has to hold the fort while others are off getting their free gifts and foot massages at MVP summits!

I'll get that adobject fix in today. WRT to the setup stuff, installer tech is not my thing. I've a feeling if we leave it (the msi config) alone, people will be prompted to "repair" upon installation of 1.11; I guess this amounts to the same thing, but it's not really what we want, is it?

as regards the x64 bits, I'm pretty clueless too. Looks like we need some kind of loader stub to discern what needs to be done in that case. Is it always the case that win64 has both versions of powershell installed, or is it down to whatever installer the user chose?

update: this must be the thing you mean -- x64 problems
Developer
Mar 28, 2007 at 4:14 PM
ok, so I did some quick tests with the setup project for 1.1. I installed 1.1, then changed the setup project to version 1.1.1 (allowing it to change the product code to a new guid as prompted), and then rebuilt the msi and ran the installer. It worked perfectly: version 1.1 was uninstalled automatically and replaced with 1.1.1, which I verifed by examining the "support information" link in add/remove program files.