Configuration & build scripts

Topics: Developer Forum
Developer
Mar 7, 2007 at 6:13 AM
I'd like to have a set of scripts for each major branch (1.1 and trunk now), which would set $Env:PscxPath appropriately and open the solution (elevated on Vista).

We should also change the PscxHelp scripts to be executed in one PowerShell instance using -NoProfile, loading the snapin manually (and any required parts of profile. I don't believe we need them all there). I just shot my visual studio in foot when I tried to build the project with a profile full of invalid dot-calls to a uninstalled pscx.

Which brings me to another topic: if we install our profile, we should be able to remove it safely on uninstall.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2007 at 7:19 AM
Yeah we could collapse the two scripts back to one. Regarding -NoProfile, without loading some sort of profile I don't have access to the alias information which gets auto-gen'd into about_pscx.help.txt. :-(

BTW did you know that a clean build generates 40 warnings! These seems to be active directory provider related.
Developer
Mar 7, 2007 at 2:25 PM
I know about the warnings. I think it should be safe to remove the ActiveDs dependency, the new provider has all its PInvoke functions and COM Interop interfaces declared in Pscx.Interop.