Releasing 1.1 on Tuesday Night (March 6)

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2007 at 5:14 AM
I could really use some help testing the install on Vista and x64. I think the docs are good enough (at least as good as the 1.0 release) for 1.1. Although I still need to do something for the Readme.txt file. I'll work on that tomorrow night. My thinking is to take the generated about_pscx.help.txt file and prepend some templated text and call the result Readme.txt and use it to replace Readme.rtf.
Developer
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:26 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2007 at 2:26 PM
I'm writing the write-* (zip/bzip etc) help as I type this (well, I will be resuming when I'm finished this post). I expect to be finished it today.
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2007 at 3:10 PM
Thanks!
Developer
Mar 5, 2007 at 4:46 PM
So, I just checked in Resolve-Assembly help in the 1.1 project. I hope I did the right thing: I just checked out the Resolve-Assembly.xml file in the help project and filled in the blanks! Am I right? :D
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2007 at 5:06 AM
Resolve-Assembly help looks good. How about help topics for the compression cmdlets? :-)
Developer
Mar 6, 2007 at 6:47 AM
Edited Mar 6, 2007 at 6:47 AM
it's 2.46am EST now -- off to bed, I'll be looking at finishing them in the morning. I got caught up with that -flattenpaths bug :| (which appears to be fixed now with my last checkin)

Once I get one done, the rest are pretty much copy/paste. I'll keep you informed!

Developer
Mar 6, 2007 at 6:51 PM
ok, final xml docs for bzip2, zip, tar and gzip checked into 1.1 branch. You're good to go keith, that's all my work items closed.
Developer
Mar 6, 2007 at 6:57 PM
btw, I'm in work now -- you can safely cancel the checkouts on the xml files done from my home machine (BEASTIE) if you need to. I finished the docs here during lunch. I won't be home for another 4 or 5 hours.
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2007 at 7:08 PM
Sounds good. I'll probably wait until late tonight before releasing since I need to do install testing. I'm also hoping Jachym will check in so I can see where he's at WRT releasing. So if you would, just undo the checkout on those files when you get home. Thanks!
Developer
Mar 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM
AssemblyCache provider help added.