Team Foundation psh provider?

Topics: User Forum
Jan 31, 2007 at 4:44 AM
Is the TF Provider for Team Foundation Version Control in here?
http://blogs.msdn.com/jmanning/archive/2006/04/07/570810.aspx

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 1, 2007 at 6:21 AM
Not yet. We do want to do some work related to at least the querying style cmdlets (get-tfhistory, get-tfstatus, get-tflabel, get-tfmerge, etc). Having a provider might be nice but then again it might get confusing vis-a-vie the local workspace. So my goal would be to provide the querying cmdlets that would work the the PoSH utility cmdlets (where, select, sort, foreach) first and then possibly look at a provider.
Feb 5, 2007 at 10:52 PM

keith wrote:
Not yet. We do want to do some work related to at least the querying style cmdlets (get-tfhistory, get-tfstatus, get-tflabel, get-tfmerge, etc). Having a provider might be nice but then again it might get confusing vis-a-vie the local workspace. So my goal would be to provide the querying cmdlets that would work the the PoSH utility cmdlets (where, select, sort, foreach) first and then possibly look at a provider.

Thanks Keith.
1) where is the original - lost in limbo?
2) I can see that, but become a catch-22 in some ways. With a provider, I don't need get-this, get-that anymore because it becomes composable using all the built in stuff (i.e. gci, etc) And I could then do all kinds of stuff real easy (diff, locks, status, etc) using a dir style context. Local workspaces -vs- TFS would not become confusing because they would be different "drive" names, so I know the context based on location - same as working with different directory trees. Could be wrong.