Installing pscx error Help please

Topics: User Forum
Jan 30 at 6:08 PM
Import-Module : The 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerShell Community Extensions\Pscx3\pscx\pscx.psd1' module cannot be impo
rted because its manifest contains one or more members that are not valid. The valid manifest members are ('ModuleToPro
cess', 'NestedModules', 'GUID', 'Author', 'CompanyName', 'Copyright', 'ModuleVersion', 'Description', 'PowerShellVersio
n', 'PowerShellHostName', 'PowerShellHostVersion', 'CLRVersion', 'DotNetFrameworkVersion', 'ProcessorArchitecture', 'Re
quiredModules', 'TypesToProcess', 'FormatsToProcess', 'ScriptsToProcess', 'PrivateData', 'RequiredAssemblies', 'ModuleL
ist', 'FileList', 'FunctionsToExport', 'VariablesToExport', 'AliasesToExport', 'CmdletsToExport'). Remove the members t
hat are not valid ('RootModule'), then try to import the module again.
At line:1 char:14
  • Import-Module <<<< pscx
    • CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (C:\Program File...\pscx\pscx.psd1:String) [Import-Module], InvalidOperatio
      nException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_InvalidManifestMember,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand
Jan 30 at 7:40 PM
I also moved the pscx folder to my profile path and got same error message, in fact when i use get-modules the module is not present in the list.
As you may guess i am a nOOb
Coordinator
Jan 30 at 11:34 PM
What version of PowerShell are you trying to install on? PSCX 3.0 only supports PowerShell V3 & V4. PSCX 3.1 supports PowerShell V4 better.
Jan 31 at 1:44 PM
Ahaa i am on Version 2 and i was sure i had installed version 3 that must have been on my older computer.
Thanks will let you know.
Jan 31 at 2:00 PM
Thanks r_Keith, such a N00b... Hopefully this version will solve my copy to zip problems.