Error loading help content (v1.2)

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 8, 2008 at 9:36 PM
Hi,

Because i wanted the ADO functionality (please refer to my previous post on 11/26/2008 regarding invoke-sql),  I downloaded and compiled v1.2.0.0.
i successfully executed the get-adoconnection, but i had to look at the C# source code to get the correct paramters. 
the problem i have now is that whenver i request 'get-help' on the PSCX cmdlets I get an error.

for example:
PS[0241]> get-help write-tar
Get-Help : Error loading help content for Write-Tar from file "Pscx.dll-Help.xml". Details: Pscx.dll-Help.xml.At line:1 char:9 + get-help  <<<< write-tar
PS[0242]>

Could you please advise what i need to modify to get 'help' to work.

thanks
Mark

ALSO
 to support an ODBC connection i had to modify  PSCX_20081126_v12\Trunk\Src\PscxSnapin\Commands\Database\Ado\AdoCommandBase.cs the following code:
FROM
{"system.data.oracleclient", WELLKNOWN_PROVIDER_ODBC}
TO
{"system.data.odbc", WELLKNOWN_PROVIDER_ODBC}

Developer
Dec 10, 2008 at 6:40 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Developer
Dec 10, 2008 at 6:42 PM
Hi Mark,

Compiling the project in visual studio will automatically register the snapin, but most likely won't copy the xml help file to the correct location. Try building the PscxSetup project and then going through the standard next/next/finish install with the resultant setup.exe.

Thanks for the bug report - I've created the issue and will close it ASAP.

-Oisin