Would you accept a patch for a chocolatey package for PSCX or would you prefer if I maintained it separately?

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Chocolatey is meant for windows executable package management. It is built on top of nuget. It supports powershell scripts, but in the case of PSCX 3.0 I would just treat it as an MSI.

I maintain several chocolatey packages here:

https://github.com/zippy1981/Chocolatey-Packages-Zippy

I'd prefer to create the package and give to PSCX for you guys to include in source control and to update as part of release management.

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

That sounds reasonable.  Send the package files to me at r_keith_hill at <notcoldmail>.com.  BTW we will only have an MSI for our 3.0 version that supports only PowerShell 3.0.  We will maintain PSCX 2.1 so that it supports both PowerShell 2.0 and 3.0 as a ZIP file.  I assume we would need two Chocolatey packages for this?

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Ok, should I Serbs them as a patch to the source control? there would be two packages. One for the zip and one for the you would release a 2.1 and 3.1 version of the zip package. You'd then have a meta package for the 2.1 series that would depend on the 2.1 package.

On Sep 11, 2012 6:02 PM, "r_keith_hill" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That sounds reasonable. Send the package files to me at r_keith_hill at <notcoldmail>.com. BTW we will only have an MSI for our 3.0 version that supports only PowerShell 3.0. We will maintain PSCX 2.1 so that it supports both PowerShell 2.0 and 3.0 as a ZIP file. I assume we would need two Chocolatey packages for this?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Pscx@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Pscx@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Serbs??