Building/making PSCX from source

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Aug 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Can someone point me to the instructions for making PSCX using visual studio?  With the write-zip fix from the 14th of August, 2012, the -append -flattenpaths is fixed.

I reviewed the code and it looks good so I was going to build a version of PSCX with the fix in it but I am not familiar with the steps for building the project.

Anyone help?

Thanks much,

Mark

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 4:17 PM

If you can wait until Monday, I'll have a new build of 2.1 pushed out to the downloads page.

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Thanks Keith,

Not meaning to push but whenever you can post the updated 2.1 build for me (us on the group), it will help me a great deal.

I was unable to build PSCX from source successfully on vs 2010.

Thank you,

Mark

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Keith,

I got the build to work and just posted the updated dlls and changed files out to my current install to utilize the fix to write-zip.

The write-zip on append now gets an error when adding the first element (file) of the ZIP with -Append but I find if I just repeat the initial command without append but with -flattenpath it will work and I have a working (no path) zip builder (I am putting it down to my butchering the build ftm):

The issue may be partly in the WriteZipCommand.cs code where it tests for the outputpath and steps around what would seem needful code even when no output path is present...just a hunch but hope it helps.  I have not tried rebuiding with a change to process some of the step even with a null output path...just don't know this code well enough to trust myself to change anything.

PS F:\HGDW\HPSA_OUTPUT> write-zip HPSA_DC.txt f:\hgdw\hpsa_output\HPSA_NEW.zip -flattenpaths -Append 

Write-Zip : Extra data extended Zip64 information length is invalid
At line:1 char:10
+ write-zip <<<<  HPSA_DC.txt f:\hgdw\hpsa_output\HPSA_NEW.zip -flattenpaths -Append 
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (:) [Write-Zip], ZipException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ZipCommitFail,Pscx.Commands.IO.Compression.WriteZipCommand
Hope that this is helpful,
Mark
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

The update will have to wait until late next week. My PC is down for the count. My new Dell is supposed to arrive on Monday.  I'm also still waiting on the vetting process for the code signing cert.

Aug 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Thank you Keith,

There is no hurry. I have built the project from source with the fix to Write-zip incorporated.

Please do your update as your schedule and PC allow.

We have a working solution using the 2.1 build. We are also operating in an AllSigned execution policy configuration. I am using a self-signed cert.

Everything is working well. I truly could not have gotten all this working without your help.

I would like to write an article about the use of PSCX at HRSA.

I'll let you know how things go.

Thank you again,

Mark

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 23, 2012, at 8:36 PM, "r_keith_hill"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

The update will have to wait until late next week. My PC is down for the count. My new Dell is supposed to arrive on Monday. I'm also still waiting on the vetting process for the code signing cert.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Wanted to let you know that I would like to become part of the PS Community. Not asking for recognition, just offering to help.

If I can help with anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Mark

Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 4:24 AM
To: Pscx@discussions.codeplex.com
Subject: Re: Building/making PSCX from source [Pscx:392040]

Thank you Keith,

There is no hurry. I have built the project from source with the fix to Write-zip incorporated.

Please do your update as your schedule and PC allow.

We have a working solution using the 2.1 build. We are also operating in an AllSigned execution policy configuration. I am using a self-signed cert.

Everything is working well. I truly could not have gotten all this working without your help.

I would like to write an article about the use of PSCX at HRSA.

I'll let you know how things go.

Thank you again,

Mark

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 23, 2012, at 8:36 PM, "r_keith_hill"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

The update will have to wait until late next week. My PC is down for the count. My new Dell is supposed to arrive on Monday. I'm also still waiting on the vetting process for the code signing cert.

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Hi Keith,

How are things? Did you get your Dell and it is all better once you got your data restored to the new box?

I just wanted to touch base with you on the next release and/or point release availability.

We are up and running about a month now with absolutely no issues with the patched version that I built from source.

I see that there is a new changeset that has the fixes that I could download?

Can you send me the link to where I could pull that download from?

Thanks Keith,

Mark

On Aug 23, 2012, at 8:36 PM, r_keith_hill wrote:

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM
I posted new bits last night. Getting the code signing cert took a bit longer than expected. You can download from http://pscx.codeplex.com/releases/view/94637
Keith
Sent from Windows Mail
Sent: ‎September‎ ‎16‎, ‎2012 ‎12‎:‎38‎ ‎PM
To: r_keith_hill@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Building/making PSCX from source [Pscx:392040]

Hi Keith,

How are things? Did you get your Dell and it is all better once you got your data restored to the new box?

I just wanted to touch base with you on the next release and/or point release availability.

We are up and running about a month now with absolutely no issues with the patched version that I built from source.

I see that there is a new changeset that has the fixes that I could download?

Can you send me the link to where I could pull that download from?

Thanks Keith,

Mark

On Aug 23, 2012, at 8:36 PM, r_keith_hill wrote: