MultipleArchiveZipWriter & FlattenPath

Topics: Developer Forum
Developer
Jan 23, 2007 at 12:02 AM
Oisin, I was looking at the Dispose issue in your compression commands, and found something I dont understand. The MultipleArchiveZipWriter should not care for the flatten path parameter, should it? In my opinion, it should create only a single zip entry per zip file, called by the file name (NOT full name) of the input file.

The way it is now seems to be broken. If I Dir | Write-Zip, I get the zip files, they seem to contain the data, but they appear to be empty (in Windows Explorer), since they have no directory entries for the parent path (eg, D:\Pscx\Trunk\Src\PscxSnapin\bin\Debug\FormatData\Pscx.ps1) The file path should be Pscx.ps1.

I made more changes, but I am not going to check them in. Could you please review them? I'll shelve them in a moment.
Developer
Jan 23, 2007 at 12:11 AM
the shelveset is there, called "OISIN - Compression commands refactoring"
Developer
Jan 23, 2007 at 2:44 AM
Hi Jachym,

I don't see any shelveset from you called that at all? I'm not sure what happened the source, I think I might have f*cked it with a previous shelveset - I was working from two different machines.

Yeah, the MultipleArchive writer should flatten files by default. Check in what you want, I'll review it all tomorrow.
Developer
Jan 23, 2007 at 2:50 AM
Hi, I can see it there... (username jachymko_cp)
Developer
Jan 23, 2007 at 3:13 AM
ok, I found the shelveset -- hah, or rather, I worked out how to find your shelvesets... doh. I'm reviewing it now.
Developer
Jan 23, 2007 at 3:17 AM
everything looks good to me man -- I was planning something similar with pushing down the archive writer into writecommandbase to dispose of it. I've unshelved and checked it in.