1.1 Beta

Topics: Project Management Forum
Developer
Jan 20, 2007 at 5:30 AM
What do you think about releasing a preview version before the planned 1.1 in february? I guess there might be people who would like to try the new features, and we could use some feedback. Compiling from the source drops isnt really something an average powershell admin does every day.
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2007 at 6:01 AM
Possibly but I would want to do a limited distribution because I worry about 1.1 Beta to 1.1 Final issues.
Developer
Jan 22, 2007 at 11:40 PM
What sort of worries do you have? Microsoft broke the hell out of Atlas going from Beta to RC -- what are we worried about?!? :D

Tbh, I'd really value the added feedback.

- Oisin
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2007 at 6:05 AM
Mainly installer issues. I don't fully trusted "upgrades". I've been hosed by many beta products not cleanly updating to the final version. I guess we could require an uninstall of the 1.1 beta before installing the 1.1 final.
Developer
Jan 23, 2007 at 11:11 PM
we could release only a "standalone" build, with a batch script which would install the snapin, set the environment variable, launch powershell with our profile and clean up after powershell quits.

the down side is, we dont test our installer that way...
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007 at 5:17 AM
Nah I guess we really need to test the installer. Is the plan to do a limited dist on the beta?