Import-module pscx : security warning each time

Topics: User Forum
Apr 8, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Hi - I recently downloaded PSCX 2.0,  unzipped it, moved it to "C:\Documents and Settings\sanjeev\My Documents\WindowsPowershell\Modules", added "Import-module pscx" in my profile.ps1

My executiopolicy is set to Unrestricted. Everytime I start a powershell instance it gives me the security warning and I had to accept the Run Once for each of the *.ps1xml1".

Security Warning
Run only scripts that you trust. While scripts from the Internet can be useful,
 this script can potentially harm your computer. Do you want to run
C:\Documents and Settings\sanjeev-nithyanandam\My
Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\pscx\TypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml?
[D] Do not run  [R] Run once  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "D"):

I'm pretty sure there is a better way to import the module other than accepting  every single warning every single time I open powershell.

Could someone please point out anything I have to do to fix this?

Appreciate your time

Thanks!

Sanjeev

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2011 at 8:20 PM
Make sure that you unblock the PSCX ZIP file before extracting the contents.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 11:25 AM
To: r_keith_hill@hotmail.com
Subject: Import-module pscx : security warning each time [Pscx:253144]

> From: Sanjeevnandam
>
> Hi - I recently downloaded PSCX 2.0, unzipped it, moved it to "C:\Documents and Settings\sanjeev\My Documents\WindowsPowershell\Modules", added "Import-module pscx" in my profile.ps1My executiopolicy is set to Unrestricted. Everytime I start a powershell instance it gives me the security warning and I had to accept the Run Once for each of the *.ps1xml1".Security WarningRun only scripts that you trust. While scripts from the Internet can be useful, this script can potentially harm your computer. Do you want to runC:\Documents and Settings\sanjeev-nithyanandam\MyDocuments\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\pscx\TypeData\Pscx.FeedStore.Type.ps1xml?[D] Do not run [R] Run once [S] Suspend [?] Help (default is "D"):I'm pretty sure there is a better way to import the module other than accepting every single warning every single time I open powershell.Could someone please point out anything I have to do to fix this?Appreciate your timeThanks!Sanjeev
>
>
Apr 8, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Great! That was it.. My bad. I read instructions to unblock the zip in a blog post, but never assumed this is what happens if I don't do that.

Thanks a ton.

-Sanjeev