Looking for intro to using the A/D Provider

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Hello,

I am looking forward to being able to pull user information from the Active Directory to put into our project management software.  The project management software (VersionOne) has a RESTful web service API.  Not sure how I am going to tackle that from PowerShell, but I am confident that it can be done.  My concern is understanding how to use the A/D provider to get a Users information.  I read this article:

http://thepowershellguy.com/blogs/posh/archive/2007/04/10/powershell-community-extensions-active-directory-provider-part-2.aspx

That appears to be an older version of the interface as Children does not have a Find method.  This leaves me a little lost as using gm did not show me an alternative.  Again I am attempting to go find a user (probably by login name) and then use the information from A/D to create an XML document.  Eventually I will figure out how to send that document to the appropriate URL for our project management software and it will create a user with the correct credentials, email addr, phone number, etc.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pat O