Import-Module Pscx

Topics: User Forum
Nov 3, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I know this has been disscussed to death. I have read through all of simular posts and tried the suggestions.

I get this error repeatedly:

Import-Module : Cannot load Windows PowerShell snap-in C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Pscx\Pscx.dll because of the following error: Unab
le to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Loader Exceptions:
Could not load file or assembly 'Pscx.Core, Version=2.0.3782.38614, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find
 the file specified.
Ended by this error.
At line:1 char:14
+ Import-Module <<<<  Pscx
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [Import-Module], PSSnapInException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSnapInLoadFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit
Launching PowerShell as an Administrator (RunAs).
I have unblocked the zip.
Placed the files in these locations: (One at a time)
  • C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
  • C:\Users\<Profile>\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules
I have set execution policy to RemoteSigned
I don't know what I am missing. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Nov 4, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Does PowerCollections.dll exist in the same dir as Pscx.Core.dll?  Also make sure both files are unblocked.  WRT to resources, there is only one embedded resource (neutral).  Are you trying this on a non-english computer?

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:14 PM

PowerCollections.dll was missing. I some how missed something with unblocking the zip. Thanks for you help.