PSClass - Object Oriented Scripting for PowerShell

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2008 at 12:22 PM
I've been developing an OO Framework for PowerShell

Is this something that might fit in with this project?

There's a few things I still plan to do and I'll probably create a new project if it doesn't fit in here.

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:40 AM
That looks interesting. I remember that section of Bruce's book. It is too bad that don't have a better param story for scriptblocks. Still we could include this in a Library section. I've been inspired by Lee Holme's book to rename a number of our scripts that are function libraries to Library<foo>.ps1. This could be added as LibraryPSClass.ps1 or something like that. However the timing is a bit tight. We want to release 1.2 in the next 6-8 weeks and we have a lot of other stuff to get in. If this is ready to go as-is then we could probably integrate pretty quickly. Did you want us to take the file and integrate or do you want to join the project?
Feb 29, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Thanks Keith,

I think the code is in "good shape" but it needs to be driven a little.

I'm interested in joining the project and contributing with this and other things as I can.

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:36 AM
You've been added. Could you place this new library under the Trunk\Src\PscxSnapin\Scripts directory and call it something like LibraryPSClass.ps1. I'm thinking about nuking the Profile directory altogether and the scripts in there would be moved to Scripts with many being renamed to Library<something>.ps1.