import pscx help

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I unzipped the PSCX folder into the $home\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Module folder, but when I try to import-module pscx, I get

"Import-Module  :  The specified module 'pscx' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.  

At line:1 char:5

*ipmo <<<< pscx

*CategoryInfo          :   ResourceUnavailable: (pscx:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException

*FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.Powershell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand"

However, if I use the full path, $home\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Module\PSCX-2.0.0.1\Pscx,  I can import it.  How can I change it so that I can use the simpler & shorter ipmo pscx?

Thanks!

Developer
Jun 20, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Extract the zip so that the files are directly in modules\Pscx. You have modules\<zipname>\pscx.

-Oisin

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Euler2718 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I unzipped the PSCX folder into the $home\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Module folder, but when I try to import-module pscx, I get

"Import-Module  :  The specified module 'pscx' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.  

At line:1 char:5

*ipmo <<<< pscx

*CategoryInfo          :   ResourceUnavailable: (pscx:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException

*FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.Powershell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand"

However, if I use the full path, $home\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Module\PSCX-2.0.0.1\Pscx,  I can import it.  How can I change it so that I can use the simpler & shorter ipmo pscx?

Thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Pscx@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Pscx@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--

---
404 signature missing